Afrifursa is bringing together Canadian and West African stakeholders to discuss current and potential approaches to addressing an imminent crisis that affects us all.
According to the World Food Programme, it is possible that we will see a doubling of those facing acute food insecurity across the globe this year due to COVID-19. From the closure of borders to meat processing plants, the effects are being felt in municipalities and cities right across North America and Africa.
Join us as we tap into the diverse expertise and experience represented at this roundtable and seek ways to collaborate for a food secure future.
Afrifursa’s mission is to provide insight into African business, culture and society and to encourage global citizens and organizations to participate in equitable opportunities of exchange with Africa.
Join us and our event partners, the African Agri Council, for the official launch of our virtual event series and website!
Your host: Tapfuma Musewe - Founder of Afrifursa and Eschaton Solutions Ltd
- Hon. Mohammed Adjei Sowah - Mayor of Accra, Ghana
- Mayor Cllr Mxolisi Kaunda - eThekwini Mayor, South Africa
- Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli - Co-Founder of Sahel Consulting, AACE Foods and LEAP Africa
- Prof. Marieme Lo - Director of African Studies, Associate Director of School of Cities at University of Toronto
- Grayson Bass - Managing Director of Mayor Wilson, Co-Founder of Ontario DIG Community Lab & Innovation Hub