Are you a creative writing student who would like to dive more deeply into your craft? Have you heard of our BA/MA program in creative writing? Want to learn more about this five-year integrated undergraduate-graduate program?
On Friday, November 11th, 6-7 p.m., several creative writing faculty and current BA/MA students will host an informational/recruitment meeting, to be held in the Grucci Room (102 Burrowes Building). You’re invited to come and learn more about the program, mingle with faculty and students, and enjoy some pizza!
The basics about this five-year program:
- An integrated undergraduate/graduate degree in English with a creative writing concentration in poetry and in prose (fiction and creative nonfiction).
- A full-residency program that can be completed in two years—the student’s senior year and the additional MA year, which is typically tuition free.
- Applications accepted in March of a student’s junior year; two-year program begins in fall semester of student’s senior year.
- All students complete 30 credits of graduate course work.
- Under the supervision of a creative writing faculty member, each student completes a substantial creative project, due at the end of the MA year.
- Second-year MA students receive teaching assistantships that provide valuable college teaching experience and include tuition remission.
General info can be found on the English department website: